Sunday 9 June 2013

I'm Back! Here's Why I Was Away..

Anybody that's been following me a while will know that I changed my blogs name/URL etc a little while ago. I felt I needed to do this in order to be happy with my blog myself as "xtiffyxx" was just pissing me off. It did work initially, I loved how my blog was looking and with my new camera, my pictures were much better but unfortunately as soon as I changed my blog name my views and comments went right out the window and nothing I posted seemed to make a difference which is such a rubbish feeling as I'm sure you can imagine.

I knew my stuff wouldn't show up in Google right away but for the people that are/were following me via GFC or BlogLovin', my posts were still showing on their feed, just under a different name and nobody seemed to read or comment on my posts anymore. This made me feel that my content wasn't good enough and nobody was interested in reading what I had to say which really got to me and I started to feel like I just couldn't be bothered with it anymore. If nobody was reading, what was the point?

I toyed with the idea of deleting my blog completely and starting a brand new one on WordPress. I also toyed with just not blogging again. Then I thought about it more and come to a conclusion. Don't give up! I enjoy blogging, why should I stop? Not only that, if I want views, comments and an audience then I need to make it happen not just sit and hope people find me.
I need to join in with the chats on Twitter more. Infact, I need to use Twitter more full stop. I also need to comment more on other peoples blogs because it works both ways. I know I'm not the only one to notice not many people seem to leave comments as much anymore so I need to remember that and not keep thinking my blog is crap. Well, it might be to some but even after a year, I still feel like I'm learning so much and still trying to find my feet.

So from now on I vow to use Twitter more, I'm going to comment a lot lot lot more on other peoples blogs and I'm going to keep being myself because that's all I can be. I'm also going to start taking my camera out with me so I have more things to write about.. I've had it since Christmas and it's never left the house! Duh.

I've really missed my blog and can't wait to get stuck in again and I'm jumping straight back in with a new layout/design and some new ideas. Watch this space!
Gosh, that was all very long and boring wasn't it. Oh well, it's not called Tiffany Talks for nothing hahaha ;) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment