Friday, 16 August 2013

Sports Direct Review

When I was contacted by the lovely Natalia from Sports Direct, offering me the chance to review something within the category of ladies swimwear, I was in 2 minds as to what I should do. I don't wear swimwear but I've also not put many clothes type posts on my blog yet, although I have said on Twitter several times that I want to, once I have more money (which will start happening very soon!) I replied letting Natalia know that I don't wear swimwear but would be happy to review something else and she gave me a link and said to pick out something myself which I thought was a really nice thing to do.
I chose a funky pair of shorts and a summery top :)

Ocean Pacific Koh Samui vest sports direct

The top I picked is the Ocean Pacific Koh Samui vest. Unfortunately, they didn't end up having this top in my size so I was sent a size smaller. I tried it on and it's only just too small around the top part so providing I continue to lose weight, it will fit me nicely next summer so that's not a problem. I love the bold, colourful print on this top which is why I chose it - I don't have anything like it in my wardrobe and I'm always saying I need to wear more colour! It's elasticated and more fitted around the bust area then the bottom part flows out a little which makes it really comfy to wear. In my opinion, the picture on the website doesn't do it justice, I can't wait to get some wear out of this!

Ocean Pacific Caribbean small shorts sports direct

The shorts I picked is the Ocean Pacific Caribbean small shorts. Thankfully, they did have these in my size and they're a perfect fit. I thought they might have been slightly shorter than they are as they're called small shorts but they're "normal" (if you know what I mean!?) which made me like them even more, although it depends where you wear them, of course! I have always loved the look of these type of shorts and since I don't have many clothing items in purple, even though I really like the colour, I thought I'd pick these. The waist is elasticated and like the top, they're so comfortable to wear - I've worn them a few times already. I popped into Sports Direct last weekend for some trainers for Aaron and had a look to see if they had these in any other colours but they didn't :(

Ocean Pacific Sports Direct

As you can see, the top has some purple in it so you probably could wear the top and shorts together although personally, I would wear the top with my plain white shorts or white leggings and the shorts with a plain white/cream or black top but it's all about personal preference. I'll be honest, I never thought Sports Direct had nice non sporty looking type clothes - I always think of them as just a sports shop but they actually have some really nice items too (and nice shoes!) so I will definitely be popping back to purchase things myself :)

You can purchase the top for £4.50 (reduced from £14.99) here: Top.
You can purchase the shorts for £4.00 (reduced from £12.99) here: Shorts.

Where are your go-to shops for summery clothes? xxx

1 comment:

  1. NASCAR Licensed Sports Direct is a highly searchable directory of licensed sports products companies in North America, companies that have been licensed by various sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, MLS, Nascar, NFLPA, MLBPA, NHLPA and others). There is nothing on the internet that comes close to this resource. And best of all, it's free for you to use!!! So please take advantage of this resource and "Search Away".

    ReplyDelete