As you may (or may not) be aware, I've been unemployed since this blog started, around a year and a half ago now. Unfortunately there aren't enough jobs for the amount of people out of work and so finding a job has been a heck of a task!
My new job title is Bank Care Assistant. This means I won't have set hours and will be covering holidays etc. but the lady said I will pick up quite a few hours as there is always plenty going, plus I'll be able to do days and/or nights. The rota is 4 weeks in advance too, so I'll know what I'm doing from one week to the next which is much better and means I'll be able to stay at Barnardos doing volunteering as I really enjoy it and won't feel like I can't go out or plan things just in case.. Aaaand I was told it can lead to permanent, set hours too so that's something to strive towards.
|Vinnie, Chester and Braxton.|
- The kitties are growing so bloody quickly! They're not even 6 months yet and look at them! There is so much to say about them but I'll leave that to a separate post. They're doing well though, bless them.
- I've really been enjoying the warm weather, we've lit the BBQ several times, had days down the coast and I've got loads of washing done! I haven't enjoyed the storms much though!!
- We had a lovely night out with Aarons parents, uncle and his other half recently, that was nice. It's good to get together every now and then. We won't leave it so long next time though!
- I've really been missing watching Home and Away, sad I know but it's my favourite and it stops every summer.. Booo!
- I've been addicted to Big Brother again this year, I can't help it. Don't judge me!!
- Since starting volunteering, I've really noticed an improvement in my mood. I've been a lot happier, I smile more and I'm less of a grump bag because I'm not cooped up in the house every day on my own. It's like a big heavy weight of gloom has been lifted and I love it :) I'm sure Aaron does too!!
Current favourite song: Stooshe - My Man Music
Hope you're all well too xxx