Sunday 1 December 2013

Christmas Tag (with pictures!)


I saw this tag floating around that Georgina from Makeup-Pixi3 made and who doesn't love a tag! I love filling in questions and it's great for readers to get to know more about the person behind the blog. So without further ado...


1. Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
Growing up we nearly always had a synthetic one. We had a real one one year but none of us liked the smell or the mess so we went back to synthetic! I don't live at home anymore but Aaron and I have a synthetic one too.. It's much less hassle and saves quite a few pennies!

A few years ago mum and dad didn't have a tree topper so me and my sister got crafty!
2 angels with (unused) muff pads as wings! Pleased to report they were left on too!!

2. You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
I've never jumped on the Christmassy drinks or regular coffee shop goer bandwagon and probably never will.. I'm not big on coffee shops anyway.. It's really nice as a treat if I'm out shopping for the day but that's it - it would get expensive otherwise and I hate wasting money. During colder months I always have a caramel macchiato or hot chocolate and during warmer months I always have a mocha frappuccino.

3. What is your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
Growing up we always had a green tree with really colourful decorations. Since I've lived with Aaron we've had a traditional theme but this year we bought a new new tree and have black, white, purple, pink and silver. I love it! I have a Christmas haul coming up soon :)


4. Giving or receiving?
You wouldn't be human if you didn't enjoy receiving gifts but you just can't beat that feeling you get when someone opens their gift/s and loves and appreciates what you bought them after you've shopped around and done your best wrapping skills on it :)

5. To mince pie or not to?
#sickface


6. What's your traditional Christmas lunch?
When I lived at home we had turkey with all the trimmings (no sprouts for me thanks) every single year as my family like to keep it traditional.. Usually Aaron and I would have turkey too but last year we had chicken instead as we don't actually like turkey that much!! We're at my parents for Christmas dinner this year and it's turkey again though.

7. Christmas Day fashion
Growing up me and my sister would always be put in our best clothes (usually a dress) probably cause my parents took a bunch of photos so we had to look nice! It wouldn't feel right anymore to not get dressed up and be wearing something nice. This year I made mum buy a Christmassy top so I'm hoping I can get her to actually wear it Christmas day (even just for a bit!) and I've got me some Christmassy leggings that I'm going to wear! - we both got called saddos by my dad and Aaron!!!

Vinnie was less than impressed by his Christmas hat..
8. What's your favourite Christmas song?
There is one Christmas song I could happily listen to on repeat.. The Pogues - Fairytale of New York. It is my absolute FAVE. I can't stand the Mariah Carey, Destiny's Child type ones.. Just no.

9. What's your favourite Christmas film?
That's easy peasy.. Elf!! I do like The Grinch and Jack Frost too though and Home Alone is a classic.

10. Open presents before or after lunch?
Before! Surely it's child abuse to make them wait til after!? At home, we'd always have our santa sacks in our room for when we woke up and would grab them and go into my parents room where we'd sit on the bed and go through them. Then we'd all get up and ready and sit together to open our presents. Oh we've always opened one before we went to bed on Christmas eve too.
Aaron and I open a present Christmas eve too but we like opening our presents in bed Christmas morning (we take them up from under the tree the night before) then we'll get up and ready and either start lunch or leave to go to one of our parents.

Myself, my mum and my sister a couple of years ago.. Christmas tree lights as hats, why not!

If any of you do or have done this tag, let me know, I'd love to have a read :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment